Cindy Owen

This blog has been created to serve as a gateway to inform the friends and family of Cindy Owen. Kevin will make regular postings as to the condition of Cindy and her treatment.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

We finally talked to a couple of doctors about the results from the CAT scan. The results were somewhat mixed. One of her tumors has showed significant decrease in size. It was about the size of a quarter in thickness and diameter and now it is about half that size. That is the good news, Praise the Lord. The not so good news is that some of the other tumors have actually grown in size. They are not huge and have not grown significantly but nonetheless are larger since the last scan. In addition we found that her bowel obstruction is actually caused by two places on the outside of her stomach. We do not know if these are new or were just not detected before. These places were pressing on her stomach creating a kink in her small intestine thus making her feel nauseous. I am so thankful to God that she is not feeling as nauseous as she was only a few days ago. After conferring with doctors we begin a new drug either today or possibly Tuesday. This new drug is not as difficult on the system as some of her previous chemotherapy's. So, even though we did not hear everything we wanted from the doctors there are still some reasons to rejoice. Of course we ask you to continue praying for Cindy's health and healing. Cindy could possibly leave the hospital today or maybe on Monday. Have a blessed day! Kevin

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Grant said...

Still praying for you. I hope Cindy gets to leave the hospital tomorrow.

10/01/2006 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our dear Cindy, Kevin, Barb, and boys,

You are so precious. Even in the midst of this great trial, you bless us by your examples. How we all wish we could help carry your burdens. I pray not only for healing for Cindy, but also for strength and courage for each day for each of you.

Much love,
Karen

10/01/2006 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, so glad you have something more concrete to speak about. Small steps in the right direction are good steps. Keep the faith, and so shall we. Blessings to you as both of you proceed forward.

10/01/2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin and Cindy,

Thank you for the news on the cat scan. We all need to celebrate the little steps of progress and continue to pray for the Lord's intervention as you journey on this difficult path. Our love and prayers are with you every day.

In Christ,

Anne Marie & Mike Van Horn

10/02/2006 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am praying that this new drug they give you is the one! Keep looking forward and know that you are surrounded all the time in prayer!:) I am constantly reminded of how little we know about this wonderous body God has given us. How can anyone doubt that we were woven together in our mothers womb by We love you! Sharon and Hoyt Roberson

10/02/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every bit of good news is a blessing! Hearing that Cindy is less queezy and that she will be coming home must give you renewed hope! We, too, continue to pray for Cindy and for all of you (noticed Bob at church on Sunday and then on Wednesday night....having her parents here is another blessing!).
Keep your eye on Jesus! He is the Great Physician and can do all things! We love you! Teri & Paul

10/06/2006 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin and Cindy,

Just a quick note to let you know that you both are constantly in my thoughts and prayers day and night. I am very thankful you have your family to support you both but please remember that if the need should arise you have many willing hands and feet (including mine) that would love to help in any way we can, day or night.

Earnestly praying for you both...
Love,
Deb Henley

10/09/2006 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin and family,

I have just learned the news of the passing of Cindy from this life. I am so sorry that I did not know about her illness until this week. I know many have prayed for her and the family but I would like to have prayed for her too. I know what it is like to see the one you love slip away. Jackie only lived 8 months after he found out he had cancer and he was only 45. It has been 20 years ago this month that we buried him on Thanksgiving Day. I remember you and the other members of the quartet singing, "I'll Rise Again". That was such a comfort to me to think that Jesus rose from the dead and I know that Jackie and Cindy and all those we love and who love and serve our Lord will rise and go to Him in the cloud as He receives His children. Molly is 36 now and has two precious little boys that are 4 and 6. She lives in Memphis and teaches school. Alan is 33 and lives in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. He and his wife are expecting their first child in April. I grieved as much for my children as I did for myself when we lost Jackie and I know that you feel the same about your three boys. But God is still with me and He will be with you as you continue to provide for those precious sons of yours. It will not be easy and many tears will be shed but with your faith and time, you will make it to a time when you can find a measure of joy again. I still miss Jackie and I always will but I am 63 years old now and it won't be many years until by the grace of God, I will be with him again. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as are the rest of the family. Be strong in the Lord and look to Him and He will keep you safe in His arms. You will always be dear to me and my family. Love, Libby Fox, Decatur, Alabama

11/11/2006 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home