Cindy Owen

This blog has been created to serve as a gateway to inform the friends and family of Cindy Owen. Kevin will make regular postings as to the condition of Cindy and her treatment.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All did go according to plan and Cindy is now out of the hospital. Praise the Lord! She is not home yet but hopefully she will be soon. We thought while she is still recuperating and experiencing some pretty intense chemotherapy she would do better at a friends house. Joy Lea Brazell, one of our elders and his wife Lorene have made their mother-in-law suite in their home available to us and so for awhile Cindy will convalesce there.

Since my last post Cindy has completed her third course of Chemotherapy. The plan is for her to complete six courses and then evaluate our progress. Presently she takes two different drugs. She had an allergic reaction to one of her drugs last week and so we are not sure if we will be able to use that one again. The doctor told us there may be some things we can do to raise her tolerance. Please be praying that she will be able to take that drug as we saw wonderful results from it. Thank you for praying that her platelet count would increase. God heard that prayer and she had great numbers last week.

This week is a much needed off week from Chemo. I pray that Cindy will gain weight and strength. After gaining two pounds we went back for chemo on Tuesday and found that she had lost six. Those of you who know Cindy know that she was tiny to begin with so it is very important for her not to loose any more weight.

This past Sunday was a wonderful experience for us for a couple of reasons. First, Chase our oldest son was baptized. He was at TCC, our youth rally and was deeply moved and affected. Mitch Wilburn from Park Plaza church in Tulsa did a great job preaching. Chase called me on Saturday evening and said, "Dad, I want to be baptized tomorrow morning." It was an awesome privilege to baptize him at the first service. The second reason Sunday was a wonderful experience was that Cindy made it to the baptism. When she found out her son was going to be immersed wild horses could not keep her away. Understand she has not been in one of our assemblies since her surgery May 13th. Because her white cell count is still pretty low and she is unbelievably weak we thought it unwise for her to attend the whole service. However, when Chase responded at invitation time we rolled her into the auditorium in a wheel chair for the baptism. The church had no idea she was coming. It was a deeply moving experience to say the least. A couple of people lifted her onto the stage so she could be close to the baptismal pool. I will never forget her beaming face as she watched her son come up out of the water forgiven of all his sins and filled with the Spirit. The Spirit of the Lord was very much present in our gathering Sunday morning. I look forward to the day when she is once again able to be in every service doing the things that God has equipped her to do. Until that time we will keep praying and keep the faith...This Sunday morning I will begin preaching again. The message series is entitled, "Learning to Pray Like Jesus." Several of you have asked about hearing the sermons. You should be able to access them through our church website. The address is www.montgomerychurch.org Click on resources and you should be able to find them.

Have a blessed week!

Kevin

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin,
Let me be the first to say, I am so happy to see your new comments. You are not allowed to wait 10 days again between blogs! It makes us crazy. Seriously, we realize you have just a few things on your mind, so I guess you are forgiven.
In the meantime, we continue to pray and pray and pray.
We can't stress enough how much that you, Cindy and your sweet children mean to us and to Montgomery. We are truly a blessed people.
Bonnie Bassham

8/10/2006 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news about Chase! I have been thinking about him a lot the last few days. Kyle just had his 12th birthday and I know that means Chase is next. I found a picture of him and Kyle playing in Kyle's toybox when they were about a year old. I love looking at those memories!! Now, speaking of memories and funny coincidences, did you guys know that Darrell Brazell was my first boyfriend?? I think that relationship lasted a whole week but we were always friends after that and he holds a fond place in my heart. His family was wonderful then and still are. I'm sure Cindy will be very well taken care of by them. We love you guys and are praying for you daily. Love, Kristi

8/10/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Kevin Owen said...

Bonnie...We are truly blessed to have friends like you and Bryan supporting and praying for us. Thanks for keeping the kids today!

Beverly...we miss you guys so much. I still remember the Wednesday evening when Jim walked down the aisle and said, "I want to accept Christ's gift." It was one of the great privileges of my life to baptize your husband into Christ!

Kristi...What a small world! The Brazells are wonderful people. We miss you guys like crazy.

Kevin

8/10/2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! What great news about Chase! Thanks for sharing. I remember when he was born, all of your sermons and lessons suddenly had titles like "Babes in Christ" and "A New Birth" or "Craving Spiritual Milk" etc. etc. I guess you'll have to break a few of those out again. :)

Also, tell Cindy that she's doing a great ministry now. God is using her to bless many others even in the midst of sickness.

God Bless.

8/10/2006 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding time to leave us another entry. I look several times a day to see if you have had to time to write. I don't always have signal on my cell to page when we pray but please know that we pray often. Lately, I've prayed most often for Cindy and the rest of the famiily to be able to find real joy. God bless!

Tommy and Debbie

8/10/2006 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, keep the good news flowing. Congrats on everything, including your son's baptism and Cindy's being able to witness it. Wow!

8/11/2006 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin,
I just want you to know I've enjoyed reading the blogs for a long time. I'm so happy for you and Cindy that Chase was baptized and that she is making progress. I pray for the day it's all over and you all have your life back.

8/11/2006 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy & Kevin,
Thank you for giving us an update - You must feel you have no privacy anymore - but know we love and care for both of you deeply. We as parents know how wonderful it was to welcome Chase into the family!
Keep eating Cindy! We want you to be able to keep up the chemo so you can be done with this! We thank God for the Brazels and their very generous loving spirit - truly God has a special place just for them. We love you and miss you and never stop praying for you!
Hoyt and Sharon Roberson

8/11/2006 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how awesome!! Brandon was baptized a few months back and was such an exciting night. I know what it had to of meant to witness it. Way to go Chase!! Bryan is going to Park Plaza now that he lives in OK. Mitch is a nice man. Cindy keep getting better everyday. I love and miss you all so very much. Kevin I still have wonderful memories of when you baptized me. It was such a moving and changing day for me. Thank you for the special part you played in changing my life.

Love,

Crystal Robison

8/11/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger Bob Teel said...

Cindy, it's Linda. I was so thrilled to get the update. I had been concerned that the lack of new messages meant you didn't get to go home as planned. I'm very glad I was wrong!! I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the house when you were wheeled in to witness your son's baptism! I remember the feeling I had when Bob baptised our kids, and I'm excited you were able to be there.
Sweetie, please, please do the best you can to eat and gain weight. I would happily give you all you need, but I'm afraid that won't work.
I love you very much, sweetheart. Keep up the great work and know that we're all praying daily for you.
Linda

8/12/2006 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH CHASE!!!! A giant smile spread over my face, followed quickly by tears when I read this blog. SO PROUD...SO GLAD that Cindy was able to witness it all. Isn't God faithful? He IS! :)

8/13/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Amy S. Grant said...

Praise God for your wonderful news all around. I'm so glad Cindy was able to be there for Chase's baptism!

8/16/2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

12/03/2006 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12/04/2006 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cozy place to visit!
- www.blogger.com r
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

12/26/2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home