Cindy Owen

This blog has been created to serve as a gateway to inform the friends and family of Cindy Owen. Kevin will make regular postings as to the condition of Cindy and her treatment.

Friday, August 18, 2006

More Good News!

Since the last post Cindy has continued to make significant progress. A week ago when she was weighed at the UNM Cancer Clinic she weighed 84 pounds. I knew she was loosing weight but had no idea she had lost that much. At that time she was incredibly weak. She did not have the strength to open a bottle of Gatoraide and had a hard time even walking across the room. This is the woman that for years taught aerobics and worked out religiously. Since that time, however, she has slowly gained both weight and strength. This morning she weighed almost 94 pounds. Those 10 extra pounds are significant as we will begin another round of chemo next Tuesday if her white count and platelet numbers are sufficient. To me she seems a whole lot stronger and healthier. Thank you for your continued prayers regarding her weight gain and strength.

This morning she met with several ladies from our church who are part of the women's ministry planning team. That is an awesome sign! I continue to be amazed at Cindy's tenacity and faith. While we still have a lot of progress yet to make I see good things. The distance she has come since May is nothing short of miraculous. Praise the Lord! Please pray that her white count and platelet numbers will be sufficient to allow her chemotherapy next week. Also, pray that she will be able to tolerate the chemo OK. We are at the halfway point for her treatment. And finally pray that the drugs will continue to be effective.

Thanks also for your many prayers on my boys behalf. All in all they are doing great. School started this week and so things have been hectic around the house to say the least. Their teachers at Albuquerque Christian are a wonderful help and blessing to Cindy and me especially at this time.

Thanks to little Molly Salyer; your visits are so precious and the book you made for Cindy about rain storms and rainbows brought big smiles. Keep praying little Molly!

Have a blessed week.

Kevin

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Kevin and Cindy,
Thanks SO much for the update. I must check fifty times a day. What WONDERFUL news!! God is so faithful. We're constantly praying for you both and your kids. Sorry I don't call the prayer pager all that often, but so often I'm not by my phone when I pray. Keep us posted!

Love,
Kevin and Chris Lynxwiler

8/18/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Kevin, I agree that Cindy looks 100% better this Friday than last Friday. Being able to spend time with her over these last 2 weeks, even though there have been "pokes and flushes", has been an incredible blessing to me. And it's SO nice having you at the pulpit again! I'm just chomping at the bit waiting for what else you can teach me about praying like Jesus.

And Cindy, thank you for allowing me to share the "pokes and flushes" with you! We've had a WONDERFUL time together. This has been time that I will hold in my heart and cherish forever. You have really been a blessing to me. Your grace and beauty are amazing. And I very much look forward to the day when we can get togther and NOT do pokes & flushes, but just sit and enjoy each other's company. And we can sit around and put your pictures in order and watch a movie together, drinking a big 'ol glass of sweet tea. :)

I'll see you tomorrow evening!

Love you both,
Kim

8/18/2006 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, thanks. We are still here for you and Cindy. Keep it going.

God's creation is simply amazing. I went to the church building this afternoon to turn on the a/c for tomorrow. I noticed a beautiful in full bloom bouganvia (sp?). It is a huge bush. I wondered why it was so pretty since we are so short of rainfall. We haven't seen significant rain in months (not unuasual). No one has watered that plant that I know of. I remembered how God takes care of the flowers of the field. The most beautiful diamond has once been just a chunk of black coal. There are deep valleys and there are also the highest mountain tops.

Blessed are the poor in spirit for they get the kingdom. Those who cry will be comforted.

8/19/2006 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD! All this good news must be so uplifting to YOU! We continue to pray for all of you daily, especially that Cindy will keep progressing toward FULL health! We appreciate the updates and look forward to more and more great news! Love you more than you know...Teri & Paul

8/21/2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Cindy, just wanted to let you know that if I could, I would be thrilled and delighted to come out there and share some of my abundant poundage with you! I can not imagine having the problem of being TOO SMALL. Someone needs to forward me an email address where I can send to you some pictures. You wouldn't believe how much my little Kensley has grown. Tall, thin and tan like her Dad, but fiesty and funny like her mom. I'm going to be needing your prayers in the years to come for THAT ONE! Miss you SO MUCH and pray for you DAILY! Thank you BOTH so much for sharing with us the highs and lows of this ordeal, so that we can be there in spirit with you even if we can not be there in person. I must admit that I am TERRIBLY jealous of those that can be there with you. I hope they know just how lucky THEY ARE! To all of ya'll out there reading these blogs that CAN be there with Kevin and Cindy ... take good care of them and know that you are the lucky ones. And please give them a big hug and kiss from me. I would be there in a SECOND if I could. Keep on keepin' on, guys, and know that you are an inspiration to us all! We'll be watching for updates.

MUCH, MUCH LOVE from Conyers, GA

Karla

8/23/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Kevin Owen said...

Karla,

We would love to receive pictures of Kensley. Thank you for your kind words and wonderful support. Our e-mail is kevin.owen@montgomerychurch.org

We love you!

Kevin

8/24/2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home